On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:20:32 -0000 (WET)
"Rui Nuno Capela" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Please, I would appreciate very much if you do confirm this. Maybe
> there's distinctive MIDI ports, one for accessing the internal
> wavetable-synth and another for the waveblaster onboard connector and
> thus the db50xg. I hope so :)
>
> And then, how do you control the output mix of each one? Is there any
> evidence when tweaking on alsamixer?
>
> Could you show us at least a sample output of `aconnect -lio`?
>
> Sorry for my impatience ;)

No problem.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ amidi -l
Device    Name
hw:0,0    CS46XX
hw:1,0    Virtual Raw MIDI (16 subdevices)
hw:1,1    Virtual Raw MIDI (16 subdevices)
hw:1,2    Virtual Raw MIDI (16 subdevices)
hw:1,3    Virtual Raw MIDI (16 subdevices)

the 4 virtual raw midi devices come from the virmidi module

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ aconnect -lio
client 0: 'System' [type=kernel]
    0 'Timer           '
    1 'Announce        '
        Connecting To: 128:0
client 62: 'Midi Through' [type=kernel]
    0 'Midi Through Port-0'
client 64: 'Rawmidi 0 - CS46XX' [type=kernel]
    0 'CS46XX          '
client 72: 'Virtual Raw MIDI 1-0' [type=kernel]
    0 'VirMIDI 1-0     '
client 73: 'Virtual Raw MIDI 1-1' [type=kernel]
    0 'VirMIDI 1-1     '
client 74: 'Virtual Raw MIDI 1-2' [type=kernel]
    0 'VirMIDI 1-2     '
client 75: 'Virtual Raw MIDI 1-3' [type=kernel]
    0 'VirMIDI 1-3     '

so basically this driver provides only a single midi port (client 64:
'Rawmidi 0 - CS46XX' [type=kernel]). I don't know what the midi through
thing is but i suppose it's an internal alsa thing... When i talk to
this port 64 via akeybd, i think i can hear my db50 xg.

After hitting "send" on this mail i'll shutdown and remove the
daughterboard. So, final results to be expected soon. I have the
impression that my soundcard [terratec dmx xfire 1024] maybe switches
off the external midi port, when a wavetable is connected to the
waveblaster port.. I don't have my midi stuff setup to test though..

Flo
--
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/florianschmidt.htm
http://www.arted.biz/mista.tapas