> > 1) Can't KDE apps (with or without ARTS (better without, anyway))
directly
> > use ALSA device? I don't think I can't set, somewhere, the ALSA support
for
> > KDE apps. I couldn't get it to work with Slackware 9.1 (olnly PCM front
L-R
> > device works), but... I tested Mandrake 9.2 before, and everything
worked
> > with ALSA and KDE, and I could also use kMix and Aumix, and all my cad
> > devices appeared there!
>
> IMO it depends on the fact if your KDE packages are compiled with alsa
support
> or not.

They can be compiled with ALSA support and not? Really?

I'm now downloading precompiled tgz packages for Slackware 9.1 of KDE 3.2.
Should it work with full ALSA support?

Anyway... I think there's maybe some configuration options for alowing KDE
programs to use ALSA.... couldn't it be?

Marco Iannaccone