I have mailed market.android.com/support about this now. It seems like
there is no special way for publishers to contact the support. I have
to use the same contact page as the customers. This seems very
strange. All other big appstores either have Partner managers of
Developer support.

The same apps are still shown on the "new section".: "Dark theme",
"Radiant Walls HD","Don't touch my phone".  As it is now, there is no
way for new apps to get any attention, so the only possibility to get
good downlods for new apps seems to be to launch massive advertising
campaigns for them. We get good download numbers for our older apps,
but not for the new ones, which haven't got the possibility to be
featured on the "new apps" section.