I agree, this is really bad. You wrote "If your app is one of the
*TOP*downloaded apps when you put it online, it will go in Top [Free/
Paid] New."
But a new app can't be one of the top downloaded apps when it gets
online. It always has 0 downloads first.

So the only possibility to get good downlods for new apps is to launch
massive advertising campaigns for them, am I right?