My ADC2 entry:

App: Location Scout
Category: Travel
Website: http://getlocationscout.com
nearby movie filming locations.
Developer: Jeff Gilfelt

I use IMDb as the data source and the Google Maps API geocoding
service + a custom JSON REST API which I have built on Google App
Engine. This was my first experience developing for Android. The app
was built in my spare time over the course of a few weeks. It is now
available free on the Android Market. I am currently porting it to
iPhone.