On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Olivier Guilyardi <l...@samalyse.com> wrote:
> For instance, how could someone feel like working on patch if the Git head is
> hidden?

Since most of the bugs mentioned in the original email are developer
tools, I'll just say this: development for the SDK tools is done 100%
in the open (since about mid-april, IIRC).

In fact the patch submitted for the first bug is here:
https://review.source.android.com/#change,15144
and the change merge in the git project is here:
http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/sdk.git;a=commit;h=6f71099ece08673670fdc7f88b7d4959f657293b

We are still in the process of publishing (writing actually) documents
about how/what to contribute (now that the new
http://source.android.com is live it's going to be easier), but that
has not stopped us from accepting contributions (it is just harder for
you to know what to contribute)
If you are serious about contributing, please consider starting a
thread on android-contrib about what you're looking to contribute.

Xav
--
Xavier Ducrohet
Android SDK Tech Lead

Please do not send me questions directly. Thanks!