On 06/08/2010 12:36 AM, Xavier Ducrohet wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Olivier Guilyardi <l...@samalyse.com> wrote:
>> For instance, how could someone feel like working on patch if the Git head is
>> hidden?
>
> Since most of the bugs mentioned in the original email are developer
> tools, I'll just say this: development for the SDK tools is done 100%
> in the open (since about mid-april, IIRC).

That's right, but since the original poster seemed to be speaking about Android
in general, I didn't feel like getting off-topic by expanding the discussion to
the OS.

> In fact the patch submitted for the first bug is here:
> https://review.source.android.com/#change,15144
> and the change merge in the git project is here:
> http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/sdk.git;a=commit;h=6f71099ece08673670fdc7f88b7d4959f657293b
>
> We are still in the process of publishing (writing actually) documents
> about how/what to contribute (now that the new
> http://source.android.com is live it's going to be easier), but that
> has not stopped us from accepting contributions (it is just harder for
> you to know what to contribute)
> If you are serious about contributing, please consider starting a
> thread on android-contrib about what you're looking to contribute.

I already contributed to a number of other free/open source projects, but I
don't have time to contribute to Android right now. I was just expressing some
of my worries, hoping you may take them into account in the future.

--
  Olivier