On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 12:42 AM, vamsi android <vamsi.andr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Regarding Realtime patches, I was successfully able to patch it on normal
> linux kernel, but was not successful when I integrate it with Android
> kernel. I was able to patch and compile it, but am facing while loading the
> android system. I get some errors while loading real time modules.

What are these errors specifically?

> Regarding real time support in android, basically most of them are
> concentrating on Application base of Android, but as Android uses regular
> kernel, where it gives average performance and its not optimized for real
> time, we might see some performance issues on Android. Practically I have
> not checked any hand held devices which uses this Android and how it
> performs, but if Android kernel can be made real time to some extent, then
> we can atleast see better performance right?

No, not at all.  A real-time system is slower performance than a non-realtime
one.  Please read the documentation for what a real-time kernel means
for details on this.

Running the rt kernels will just slow down your android system, which is
not what I think you want it to do.

good luck,

greg k-h