> > Hi,
> >
> > Regarding Realtime patches, I was successfully able to patch it on normal
> > linux kernel, but was not successful when I integrate it with Android
> > kernel. I was able to patch and compile it, but am facing while loading
> the
> > android system. I get some errors while loading real time modules.
>
> What are these errors specifically?

       *---> I was trying to patch RTAI and patched successfully. When I
tried to start android,  RTAI patch initialised successfully and it started
its scheduler part, and when it was trying to load HAL module (RTAI mounts
HAL module)  but was getting stuck there stating waiting for response and
hence android is stuck. *

> > Regarding real time support in android, basically most of them are
> > concentrating on Application base of Android, but as Android uses regular
> > kernel, where it gives average performance and its not optimized for real
> > time, we might see some performance issues on Android. Practically I have
> > not checked any hand held devices which uses this Android and how it
> > performs, but if Android kernel can be made real time to some extent,
> then
> > we can atleast see better performance right?
>
> No, not at all.  A real-time system is slower performance than a
> non-realtime
> one.  Please read the documentation for what a real-time kernel means
> for details on this.

    *---> I was doing research on real time kernels and what I found is
           - Linux scheduling algorithms are not designed for real-time
tasks.
           - context switching is not predictable, it might take longer
           - Timer resolution - 10ms and low priorty tasks still runs and it
will make
             wait a high priority task.
         So, there are few disadvantages of linux kernel which are made sure
in Real time OS.
          with this tuning of kernel, atleast fault tollerance should
improve and performance a little right?*

Running the rt kernels will just slow down your android system, which is
> not what I think you want it to do.

     *--> Regarding Android system performance, at present when we compare
iphone performance
          and G1 performance we can clearly see the difference. So, what I
was thinking was to make
          android performance better and comatialble to iphone. The speed
with which applications are loaded,
          and accessed are not matching with iphone!!
*