Hi Alex

On 16/12/2015 11:32, Alex Band wrote:
Hi Michele,

On 15 Dec 2015, at 21:28, Michele Neylon - Blacknight
<mich...@blacknight.com> wrote:

Tim

I support this plan

It makes a lot of sense on two fronts: 1 - making sure there are
abuse-c contacts for all resources 2 - making sure that it’s the
correct / appropriate contact

To expedite the creation of abuse contacts we've just deployed an
enhancement to the RIPE Database web interface.

Whenever you create a new organisation object or you edit an existing
one that does not have an abuse contact set, we will display a
warning and offer a simple abuse-c creation workflow.

An "abuse-c:" attribute is only required in an ORGANISATION object if it is referenced by a resource object. So the wording in this revised web interface may be a bit confusing to users. It would be better if you do a check on the specified ORGANISATION object and only display this warning if this object should have an "abuse-c:" reference.

cheers
denis

You just hit the bell icon, enter your abuse email address and we
will create a role object for you. The resulting nic-handle is
automatically filled in the abuse-c attribute of the organisation
object:

https://alexband.nl/temp/abuse-c_creator.png
https://alexband.nl/temp/abuse-c_modal.png

Hopefully this will encourage users to set an abuse contact. We'll
keep track of the usage rate.

Kind regards,

Alex Band Product Manager RIPE NCC