Hi,

> On 16 Dec 2015, at 15:48, Piotr Strzyzewski <piotr.strzyzew...@polsl.pl>
> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 03:34:26PM +0100, denis wrote:
>
> Dear Denis,
>
>> On 16/12/2015 11:32, Alex Band wrote:
>>> Hi Michele,

>>> To expedite the creation of abuse contacts we've just deployed an
>>> enhancement to the RIPE Database web interface.
>>>
>>> Whenever you create a new organisation object or you edit an existing
>>> one that does not have an abuse contact set, we will display a
>>> warning and offer a simple abuse-c creation workflow.
>>
>> An "abuse-c:" attribute is only required in an ORGANISATION object if it is
>> referenced by a resource object. So the wording in this revised web
>> interface may be a bit confusing to users. It would be better if you do a
>> check on the specified ORGANISATION object and only display this warning if
>> this object should have an "abuse-c:" reference.
>
> From what I understood, warning is not an error and doesn't prevent the
> creation of the ORGANISATION object.

If you submit the object in the web interface with an empty value for the
abuse-c, it will give you the following error:
"Please provide an Abuse-c or remove the attribute if you would like to do it
later"

So you can explicitly remove the attribute if you want, but we try to guide
people into adding the abuse-c because it's a good idea to have it in general
(even if it's not strictly required), and we often find that organisation
objects are created for sponsored PI or ASN resources without this, and this
adds unnecessary overhead to request handling because then we will need to ask
for this then.

> Moreover, during object creation procedure it is unknown what for the
> ORGANISATION object is created.

Indeed, we don't know this at creation time.

Regards,

Tim