In a message dated 7/31/03 8:30:45 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I'm in strong agreement.  There's a lot in .htaccess that's fundamental
Apache architecture (AddHandler in a .htaccess file, for example -- that
just won't work with AOLserver as it stands, and the changes would go a
long way toward turning it into Apache).  Now, if all you really want is
perms stuff, that's more manageable, but still requires a new perms module
in AOLserver.  mod_rewrite I imagine could be done, but could probably be
done as easily in a filter.

perhaps its time to look at what it would take to provide a simple apache compatibility layer that would allow apache modules to be used (unmodified) within aolserver. i've not had time to fully investigate, so this could be the wrong approach, and maybe wouldn't even be possible or feasible.

in other news... stay tuned for updates from us on:

- new additions to my team
- status of aolserver 4.0 gm
- status of aolserver docs
- aolserver/tomcat integration roadmap
- aolserver and nss/nspr
- open sourcing of art blaster code
- aolserver 4.x roadmap

sorry i haven't been around in the last month. lots of good things happening! expect to see more of me now that we are almost finished with aol 9.0 optimized.

- nathan

-- AOLserver - http://www.aolserver.com/

To Remove yourself from this list, simply send an email to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> with the body of "SIGNOFF AOLSERVER" in the email message. You can leave the Subject: field of your email blank.