On 2003.07.31, Roberto Mello <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > - What's your single biggest gripe about AOLserver?  If you could have
> >   one thing changed or fixed, what would it be?
>
> - Readline support for nscp.

Lately, I've been thinking of switching to tclsh as my login shell (yes,
I'm a nut) and I've heard from other folks that they'd like readline
support in nscp ... so, I wonder ... what might it take for something
like "package require readline" to work.  So, if you really want
readline support in nscp, you'd just connect, then issue "package
require readline" and off you go.

Okay, so maybe that idea is half-baked.  But, if people don't mind
linking nscp against libreadline, I'd be happy to work on putting
readline support into nscp since I know almost everybody wants it.

> - Examples of how to setup virtual servers.

Have you looked at the following URL:

    http://panoptic.com/wiki/aolserver/VirtualHosting

Criticisms?  Shortcomings?  Confusing parts?

(I'd love to gradually evolve the content on that page into something
that satisfies most people's desire for "virtual server/virtual hosting
documentation" but I can't do it without the necessary feedback from the
audience ...)

> - Good Debian packages with nice start/stop scripts (working on it)

This isn't too hard.  Has the aolserver packages officially been
orphaned yet, or is Brian (or was it Bryan) still maintainer?

> - How to use libnsd to embed AOLserver in my own projects.

Is this more complicated than embedding Tcl and then Tcl_Eval("load
libnsd.so") ... ?  Or am I misunderstanding what you're asking for,
here?

> - An SQLite driver (hopefully I'll get that working soon).

Isn't Zoran working on this?

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara                       mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]