On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 15:20:26 -0500, Dossy Shiobara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can you explain this:
>
>     -       connPtr->responseStatus = status;
>     +        /* 200 is default. Don't stomp custom redirects. */
>     +        if (status != 200) {
>     +            connPtr->responseStatus = status;
>     +        }
>
> What if the custom redirect isn't found (status = 404) - why should that
> stomp the original (say, connPtr->responseStatus == 500)?

Botched config files is something I didn't explore.  In practice what
happens is 3 consecutive error messages are logged:

  Error: return: failed to redirect '404': exceeded recursion limit of 3

In which case you should fix your config file :-)  But yes, it might
be nice to be more explicit here and make sure the correct reponse
code is returned until the admin can get to it.  I believe Apache
handles this.

> > You may also be interested in this related patch which alows a custom
> > redirect handler to know the original URL as sent by the browser and
> > act accordingly:
> >
> > "ns_conn seturl newUrl"
> > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1013672&group_id=3152&atid=353152
>
> Why introduce Ns_ConnSetUrl()?  Why not change Ns_SetRequestUrl() to do
> this?

Ns_SetRequestUrl(Ns_Request * request, char *url);
Ns_ConnSetUrl(Ns_Conn *conn, char *url);

The 'original URL' is a property of the current connection, not a
Ns_Request structure which is generic and has no back pointer itself
to an Ns_Conn.  I thought was cleaner to add the new Ns_ConnSetUrl
call, which obviously takes a pointer to the current conn.