On 2005.02.11, Stephen Deasey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Why introduce Ns_ConnSetUrl()?  Why not change Ns_SetRequestUrl() to do
> > this?
>
> Ns_SetRequestUrl(Ns_Request * request, char *url);
> Ns_ConnSetUrl(Ns_Conn *conn, char *url);
>
> The 'original URL' is a property of the current connection, not a
> Ns_Request structure which is generic and has no back pointer itself
> to an Ns_Conn.  I thought was cleaner to add the new Ns_ConnSetUrl
> call, which obviously takes a pointer to the current conn.

Very cool.  I thought that the private Request structure (similar to how
we have a private Conn and a public Ns_Conn structure pair) might have a
pointer back to the Conn/Ns_Conn that the request is being processed by.
I just looked and that's not the case.

Would it be better to add a pointer to the Conn in the private Request
structure rather than introducing a new (and similar) C API to one that
already exists?

I'd be in favor of having the request processor set the originalUrl
attribute of the Conn instead of only changing it when Ns_ConnSetUrl()
is called.  So, in the case where no "redirect" has happened,
originalUrl == url will be true.  Then, we don't need to introduce this
new Ns_ConnSetUrl() at all?

I'm not advocating one approach over another yet, just presenting
different options we could implement.  Your thoughts?

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara                       mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]