On 2008.04.11, Brett Schwarz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The Apache folks no doubt have already gone through this
> analysis/debate. Here is what they have (for Apache 2.0):

I just want to remind folks that Apache's design is config-driven by
necessity, not by intentional design.  In the Apache world, server-based
modules are _only_ actionable at configuration time.  When you implement
gzip compression in PHP, for example, I believe PHP handles all the
compression itself--it doesn't communicate back to mod_deflate to handle
it.

In AOLserver, we DO have the benefit of being able to interact with the
server from application code.  This allows us to design and implement
things better than in Apache, where everything has to be done at config.
time or entirely within the application code.

I do hope folks keep this difference in mind when trying to design the
implementation for AOLserver.  I hope it will result in a better
solution than what's currently available in Apache.

--
Dossy Shiobara              | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://dossy.org/