> > On Nov 7, 2007 8:00 PM, Aaron Griffin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > On Nov 7, 2007 2:27 AM, DaNiMoTh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I think the other issue that has been brought up is that Arch is a
> > tool (IMO a very good one) among many; I don't understand the push for
> > monoculture in Linux distros, or in software in general.  I think
> > Gentoo (I'm a happy ex-gentooer myself) has a lot going for it, but
> > it's not quite the tool I'm looking for, nor is *Ubuntu or BSD.  Arch
> > the way it is right now is the perfect tool for me.  If my needs
> > change, Debian, Slack or SuSE might be the tool I need.
> >

> Agreed completely,
I've just installed ubuntu
on a second computer because its easy to setup. Others find it easy to
use(i know i could do that with arch).
And its perfect for word processing, uploading photos and other everyday
tasks.
Where as my arch system is much more catered to my tastes/needs.

In the end it is about a distros philosophy's and if the arch philosophy
doesn't work for you by all means try something else......

Syd,