2007/11/7, Zhukov Pavel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Ok, example. I have octave and octaveforge installed.
>
> if any of curl, gnuplot, coreutils... updated with .sobump it stop to work,
> cause it linked with old libs version.
> Sometime it updates after several days in repos. So, every time i should
> rebuild it manually.
> Why? Can't we create the rule "package _should_ be tested and _all_ packages
> depends on it _should_ be rebuilded before it going to
> core/extra/community."

This *is* done for Core and Extra.
There may be some oversights but they happen very rare now.
Packages in Core and Extra are *not* broken 99% of time and all -Syu
are fine for 99% people.

But packages that sit in Testing waiting for other Core/Extra packages
to be rebuild in Testing do not wait for packages from Community to be
rebuilt, because there is no Community-Testing repo, and Community
packages cannot go to main Testing repo.
This is a known issue which will be fixed some day.
If you want this to happen sooner - maybe start to discuss a creation
of Community-Testing repo (or maybe some other way to solve this) on
tur-users ML and if other TUs agree - ask devs to create it?

And stop your comments like this:

> Oh. It's an current arch development principal:
>
> Building update package. Upload update package. Listen users cry, read
> bugtracker. Building packages broken by this upload.
>
> Nice!

Your messages are in true spirit of LOR, don't you think so?

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)