Hello Chord,
Good that you brought this topic. No doubt ARR is a master composer
and we are nowhere close to him in judging what is good. However here
are some of my honest opinion and I'm only talking about his recent
works (last 3-4 years) and no point comparing to the oldies of 90s and
late 90s.

List of what I'm looking for as a change in ARR sir's music.

1. Sometimes the crescendo (change of scale or introduction of odd
sounding tune) in songs like Dil Ka Rishta, Kahin To (JTYJN)sounded
unpleasant to hear... Can this be avoided?

2. Usage of minimal instruments (like a soothing guitar riff,
mellifluous piano, violin, sitar, sarangi and soft percussions) and
less of background accompaniments and too many instruments would be
better for hearing any day. This is missing at times these days. We
need more of these...dont we??

3. Flow of tune is inconsistent and patchy at times (very few cases).
No amount of instrumentation and layering can match the class behind a
master tune. May ears might be better tuned for smooth flowing tunes
that are distinct rather than sudden twists and turns that are less
comprehensible.

4. While I do agree due to commercial reasons, ARR has to quickly
deliver a hit rather than focus on evergreen melody and life of the
song, I would rather encourage as a fan that his songs be richly
melodic and satisfying musically / be heard by just a few rather than
be crowd pleasing and less classy.

5. Sir could avoid making music for amateur directors....they are
spoiling his outputs. Dont dilute...work only for the best in the
industry who have a sense of extracting the best...like Gowariker or
Rakesh Mehra or Maniratnam or Gowtham menon or Shankar; even though it
means 1 or 2 album per year, it would have the potential to be
masterpieces...

6. I felt some of the masterpieces of ARR are from period films like
Bose, JA, Lagaan etc...Why not keep synth based sounts aside for a
while and use native instruments and sounds used in such period films
for mainstream commerical movies??? We need more of Sitars, Banjos,
Cellos and many such original instrument sounds.

7. While Benny, Krish, Naresh Iyer, Blazee, Javed Ali etc...are great,
I find the voice of Sonu Nigam, Srinivas, Hariharan, Alka Yagnik
divine and completely melting. They would certainly be delivering
songs with much greater finesse and expertise. Somehow miss these
people at times. We are probably getting an overdoese of these new
comeres.

Please reply more on this topic.

Regards,
Yeshwanth