On 11/23/2008 11:13 AM India Time, _yeshrao81_ wrote:

> 5. Sir could avoid making music for amateur directors....they are
> spoiling his outputs. Dont dilute...work only for the best in the
> industry who have a sense of extracting the best...like Gowariker or
> Rakesh Mehra or Maniratnam or Gowtham menon or Shankar; even though it
> means 1 or 2 album per year, it would have the potential to be
> masterpieces...

Hey, here you went out of reality.

- Gowariker was a fresher in Lagaan.

- Rakesh Mehra had given only one movie Aks before RDB and Aks fared
quite poorly and was found bad. So Rakesh Mehra was also a second-movie
no-hit-under-the-belt guy at RDB.

- Ram Gopal Varma was not so well known in 95 as he is now.

So, when these newbies could come up with Lagaan, RDB and Rangeela, your
premise of avoiding "amateur" directors goes wrong.

On the other extreme,
- Ghai is a time tasted veteran but his Taal and Kishna and yadein were
shabby movies.

- Who can be more respected than Shyam Benegal, but his treatment of our
man's music in Bose was bad. Bose was just a documentary, not really a
movie.

So, not all veterans are all-time-veterans. And several newbies have
potential.

ARR himself was a newbie but Mani had put faith on his capability at one
time.

> 6. I felt some of the masterpieces of ARR are from period films like
> Bose, JA, Lagaan etc...Why not keep synth based sounts aside for a
> while and use native instruments and sounds used in such period films
> for mainstream commerical movies??? We need more of Sitars, Banjos,
> Cellos and many such original instrument sounds.

There are people who like synth sounds also, so ARR has to give music
for such people also from time to time.

> 7. While Benny, Krish, Naresh Iyer, Blazee, Javed Ali etc...are great,
> I find the voice of Sonu Nigam, Srinivas, Hariharan, Alka Yagnik
> divine and completely melting. They would certainly be delivering
> songs with much greater finesse and expertise. Somehow miss these
> people at times. We are probably getting an overdoese of these new
> comeres.

Sukhwinder was a newcomer when ARR gave him Chhayya Chhaya.

ARR has used several newcomers who have performed great.

And if you count real veterans, who can be more veteran than Lata ji and
Asha ji, but their voices are ____ nowadays. well... can't mention the
term. Yash Chopda always said that his movies are incomplete without
Lata's voice, even Veer Zara had Lata's voice which didn't fit the
youthfulness of the film, and it is heard that Lata doesn't take payment
for a song in Yash Chopda  film, still the time has come when Rab Ne
Bana Di Jodi doesn't have any Lata song.

Anyway, you seem to be pro-veteran, and anti-newbie, which I think is
wrong in so much generalization.

> Please reply more on this topic.

good list nonetheless. just that it was a tad too personalized for your
individual taste.

--
Rawat