well good post overall but i strongly disagree with a number of
things:

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, V S Rawat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

well good post but I would only partially agree on a number of things:

> On 11/23/2008 8:58 PM India Time, _Chord_ wrote:
>
> > What would ARR think if he heard you say this?
>
> He would think that people are not understanding the purpose of
these
> songs, and - without seeing the visuals, without knowing the
situations
> and characters on which these songs are shot, people are going ahead
> commenting on the songs after 24 hours listening when he took weeks
or
> months to visualize and compose each songs.

well we are here talking about "music" and to judge music I don't
think that the above things "visuals, situations, characters" should
play a role. music is good if you listen it and enjoy/like it,
otherwise it is not good. period. so if we are not liking music we
should openly accept it, I don't see any reason to find the above
excuses. and by the way has not ARR proved dozens of times in past
that he can give music for any visuals/situations/characters etc
without compromising his standard??

> He must already be knowing that such situation would come, so he is
> mentally prepared for such immature - rather premature comments, and
he
> has listened to such comments several times.
>
> (Chord! I am commenting on the original poster's comments. I am sort
of
> supporting your line of thinking. Hope you got that.)
>
> > Why would he intentionally create sub-quality work?
>
> It is not a substandard work at all.

well this is your opinion but it surely is sub-quality work for many
(or should I say "most") people. to put it simply, can we rank Latoo
and Aye Bachoo among his best/better works in Roja, Bombay, Dil se,
Taal, Lagaan?? I am sure not. so it simply means he is compromising on
quality too much.

> > Maybe ARR wanted to create light numbers on purpose.
>
> Exactly, exactly, exactly.
>
> See, guys! It took a devoted fan like Chord to spell that out.
>
> Even if these songs appears "light" (read: cheap), they are kept
cheap
> on purpose - that was the demand of the story, the demand of
situation,
> they fitted on the characters.

have not ARR composed cheap/sadak-cheap/light numbers in past. did we
forget Rangeela, his first hindi album which included number of sadak-
chap songs BUT without compromising quality. why cannot he create
something like Yaaro sun lo zara, Ho ja rangeela or Kya karen kya na
karen instead of Aye bachoo and Latoo?? does he need to compromise on
quality to give such kind of songs?? i am sure not. he can compose
cheap/sadak-chaap songs without loosing his touch.

> Remember Nayak? There was a song "Rukhi Sookhi roti". We all were
> cursing that song so much when it got released in music album. It
was so
> cheap, so senseless. And then the movie got released and the song
fitted
> 100% perfectly in place and became likable. Anybody wishes to
dispute that?

> Remember Mangal Pandey. There was a song Rasiya. Though it sounded
good,
> still, with all those Aatma, Agni, Mangal Mangal, this song sounded
so
> out of phase in the album. A cheap streetly, love-sex song in an
album
> on Independence struggle of the country? What had gone wrong with
ARR?
> But, the film release, and the song fell perfectly in place and we
> missed that it was not included fully in film.
>
>  From non-ARR songs, recall a song from film Dushan, Rajesh
> Khanna-Mumtaz starrer. There was a song Vaada Tera Vada. That had a
line
> "tumhaari zulf hai ya, sadak ka mod hai ye". What a stupid simile
> metaphor. So uncommon, so tasteless. But, it falls in place when you
> come to know that Rajesh Khanna was a truck driver in a film and the
> most curves a driver encounters are road turns, that is what he is
> saying. When a driver sees a hairlock, he remember some deadly road
turn
> that he cleverly drove through.
>
> So guys, let's not prematurely say that a song is cheap or not. You
are
> saying the songs are cheap listening to it on first day. Just check
> archive and I had announced a fortnight earlier just reading the
title
> of bachchu and latto that we are going to get first sadak-chhap
songs
> from ARR.
>
> There is nothing wrong in it. Sadak-chaap is the demand of story, I
> guess. that is why ARR composed it thusly, depending on the inputs
of
> the producer/ director. That is why entire film team accepted these
> songs and shot them and included them in the film and in the music
album.

i agree to some extent that if producer/director have accepted it this
means they would be asking for that, but does it mean ARR would
degrade his standard to please producer/director?? next day if some
producer/director asks him a Himesh type of song would he compose such
a song also?? if he would have been doing this he would not be the
legend he is known today.

> Remember non-ARR song of film Kaamchor, Tumse Badh kar duniya mein
na
> dekha koi aur. Main male voice is legendary Kishore Kumar's, but
there
> was a prelogue in some other voice, that sounded like 40s voice of
KL
> Saigal, Punkaj Mullick, K S Day. You might not even heard these
names
> who were the emperors of voices 70 years ago. But, who would dare
use
> similar voice in 1970s, but it was used and the song was a hit and
had
> come out a lovely song. Being able to give a 40s music in 70s was
not a
> drawback but was an achievement.
>
> If a situation wants a song worthy of VS/ SEL/ Himesh, than it is
ARR's
> duty to give such a song that VS/ SEL/ Himesh would compose. ARR is
> working in a system. He is not going to tell the director to change
the
> script to suit the song that he has composed.

i strongly disagree. if some producer/director wants VS, SEL, Himesh
type of song they should get them to compose not ARR. if they are
getting ARR this surely means they need high quality work. why would
they waste lot of money and time on ARR when they can get same work
easily from any other composer. any producer/director who hires ARR
does it to get the best from him, no sub-quality work. even if they
wants sadak-chaap/tapori song they want them to be of high quality,
that's the whole reason to get ARR to compose.

> We end up behaving like tiny tots and spoilt brats when we impose
our
> views on a song on ARR, on producer, on director. Let's not pamper
> ourselves by thinking that we are more intelligent than the entire
music
> creation and the entire film crew.
>
> Have some politeness, please.
>
> > Not each and every song he makes has to be
> > a masterpiece, but I think that's the general expectation among
many.

> Let me tell you that I am personally not liking Ghajani much because
> find it has too many synthetic sounds than I am comfortable with.
Still,
> I am listening to it and liking it better than I would like a Himesh
> song nowadays.

so ARR is compromising on quality so much that now we have started to
compare him with ARR. what a pity.

> ARR is not creating all albums to suit my exact taste. This album he
> created for others who like such sounds. I envy those people and I
am
> happy seeing them enjoy it. I have no right to badmouth a song or an
> album because it doesn't meet my taste.

so should we envy those people also who are crazy for Himesh's crap
(mostly)? and we know there are millions of such people. does this
mean if the next day ARR composes music as crap as Himesh's would we
be starting praising him that look he has composed this music on
demand of director/producer or for people who like Himesh type of
music??? believe me if ARR starts doing this he would not be the
legend ARR.

> The song and the album is good  for those who like this genre of
songs. ARR has to give something for