Well ... since administrators are 'all powerful' it does seem odd.  Make
another account for yourself and try that one.  If it works, delete the old
one and use the one that works.  There must be something different but
without being there it's really hard to troubleshoot something that is
probably simple.  And no, please don't send any logfiles !

Susan