  -----Original Message-----
  From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Axton
  Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 10:01 AM
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Subject: Re: arserver.exe Memory Usage 7.0.01

  ** Remedy just needs to tune the startup of arserver.  That's kind of
where the problem lies.

  start arserver
  -> fetch 100 of 50000 records from feild_dispprop (read 6mb of data and
use 20k)
    -> process those 100 records
  -> fetch next 100 of 50000 records from feild_dispprop (read 6mb of data
and use 20k)
    -> process those 100 records
  -> fetch next 100 of 50000 records from feild_dispprop (read 6mb of data
and use 20k)
    -> process those 100 records

  No wonder it takes so long.  How about fetching all the data at once, the
processing it serially, or even better, in parallel.  It is something that
can be done, but the people at BMC have to be convinced that there is a
benefit to the customers, and they probably have to be able to directly
capitalize on it to get a direction from management, neither of which is
probably going to happen.

  Axton Grams

  On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 9:02 AM, Bardsley, Michael