The ITSM 7 generation of Remedy have made several senior Remedy developers to
rethink if they want to continue working in the ARS Environment. Senior account
managers, sales and pre-sales people are selling to their clients that that
"customization" is something the client should not do. Everything that needs to
be fixed will be fixed in patches generated by BMC. Some clients have had bad
experience with upgrades and over customized sites. Personally I think BMC are
on a wrong path with their direction with their no customization attitude and
their use of patches. It can easily backfire.

Long time consultants are turning into "configuration slaves", "foundation data
loaders" and the never ending "patch players". Personally I am not happy the
direction of my profession. One of the best selling functionalities of ARS has
been the quick development time and easy customization to meet most
requirements.

Patches need to be more transparent. All workflow changes must be documented or
the code available for local review.

~Terje