From: Terje Moglestue
Sent: Thu 08-May-08 04:45
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: ITIL Remedy

The ITSM 7 generation of Remedy have made several senior Remedy =
developers to rethink if they want to continue working in the ARS =
Environment. Senior account managers, sales and pre-sales people are =
selling to their clients that that "customization" is something the =
client should not do. Everything that needs to be fixed will be fixed in =
patches generated by BMC. Some clients have had bad experience with =
upgrades and over customized sites. Personally I think BMC are on a =
wrong path with their direction with their no customization attitude and =
their use of patches. It can easily backfire.

=20

Long time consultants are turning into "configuration slaves", =
"foundation data loaders" and the never ending "patch players". =
Personally I am not happy the direction of my profession. One of the =
best selling functionalities of ARS has been the quick development time =
and easy customization to meet most requirements.

=20

Patches need to be more transparent. All workflow changes must be =
documented or the code available for local review.
=20
~Terje
=20
=20