-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of T. Dee
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 12:01 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Question: SYS:Notification Messages

I followed the directions for adding a custom field to Notifications
and it worked - thank you very much.

The one question I have that seems odd - in the directions it says to
open one of the translated filters and do a save as - this makes sense
because you don't want to modify Remedy's workflow.

So I opened "NTE:SHR:TranslateNotificationMessageINC3_102" and did a
Save As and called it "NTE:SHR:TranslateNotificationMessageINC4_103"
and set the execution order to 103.

I then modified the Filter Guide "NTE:SHR:TranslateNTMessages" and
included my new Filter "NTE:SHR:TranslateNotificationMessageINC4_103"
right after "NTE:SHR:TranslateNotificationMessageINC3_102".

The problem is the notification did not work.  So I removed
"NTE:SHR:TranslateNotificationMessageINC4_103" from the Filter Guide
and modified "NTE:SHR:TranslateNotificationMessageINC3_102" and added
my field to Remedy's Filter and it worked.

Not sure why my own Filter didn't work.  Has anyone had luck with this?

THANKS!!!

On 5/13/08, Kevin Shaffer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Which notification are you trying to add the Change Type field to?  I have
added it to the Approval notifications and all I had to do was add the
following set field to the filter ,
NTE:SHR:TranslateNotificationMessageAPR_135.

> Set zID Translation Text to REPLACE($zID Translation Text$, "#Change
Type#", $Change Type$)

> > Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 21:42:15 +0100> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Question: SYS:Notification Messages> To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG> >
Hhmm... If I were sure that there was a value in that change record for>
Change Type, the only next step I would take would be to log it and> ensure
that the Z field is getting set as the filter indicates.> > Other than that,
I don't have any more rabbits up my sleeve - sorry.> > -----Original
Message-----> From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)>
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of T. Dee> Sent: Tuesday, May 13,
2008 3:13 PM> To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG> Subject: Re: Question:
SYS:Notification Messages> > Thanks Lisa - I found the one for Change>
"NTE:SHR:TranslateNotificationMessageCRQ1_125" and it does have a>
translation for #Change Type#, but it is not working.> > Any other
suggestions?> > Thanks again.> > Ty> > > On 5/13/08, Lisa Westerfield
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> > I've found that there are additional
filters that translate the> > #fieldname# from the SYS:form into the
$fieldname$ variables that> we're> > use to seeing.> >> > For example, take
a look at this filter:> > NTE:SHR:TranslateNotificationMessageINC1_100> >> >
It very well could be the one that you need to modify for your change.> >> >
Hope that helps,> > LisaD> >> > -----Original Message-----> > From: Action
Request System discussion list(ARSList)> > [mailto

___
UNSUBSCRIBE or access ARSlist Archives at www.arslist.org