Also sometimes when populating 112 or dynamic fields with workflow you have
to use the group number instead of the name.  I can't think of the specific
instances at the moment (maybe I was doing a filter loop/push) but I
remember encountering that error when using workflow to set row level
permissions.  If I remember correctly this was on 6 or 6.1 the first time I
encountered it so it may be what you are seeing?

Jason