From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Ray T.
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2009 11:10 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: How do I Change the ARAdmin password Remedy uses Without having
Remedy up

Hi all, I am trying to setup an instance of Remedy that is a copy of the
production. I copied the file system and had the oracle database copied as
well, and then made changes as necessary, but I hit a wall.

unfortunately, the aradmin password was changed in the copied database. When
the new instance of Remedy starts and tries to connect to the copied
database, it of course tries to use the aradmin password from production and
it fails to connect. I don't know the password for aradmin user in
production database (don't ask).

How can I tell Remedy, when it's not running, to use a certain password for
aradmin? I thought the password was encrypted in ar.conf, but I don't see it
there. Not that it would help, because it would be in encrypted form. Where
does Remedy store aradmin password? Can't be in the database.

Other than doing an "upgrade" install of AR Server on the copied instance,
what option do I have?

I hesitate to change the password in prod and then copy ar.conf...because I
suspect that some external stuff may be tapping into the database there
using aradmin account.

TIA.