From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Meenakshinathan
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 3:13 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Diary Field Issue - Attention - Remedy Product Defect.

BMC announced this as a product defect SW00342702. i am going to
modify all my workflows that not to push any empty or null values from
a character field to a diary field. Just want to share this info to
you all.

Issue Summary
* Have a diary field and submit a new comment on it.
* Try to add a another new comment with blank space (" ") and modify
the request.
* It replaces all the old comments with null values.
*via workflow if you push null it also replaces all the old comments
with null values.

Meenakshinathan

On Aug 31, 8:12 pm, Meenakshinathan <kmnat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Even via filter if you push a null value it deletes the previous
> text.
>
> In our application, our users are accessing a display only form to
> enter the comments, this comments are get stored in regular form diary
> field.
> Some users may type comments and some not. By your solution, i need to
> look for both null and space and replace a default text and the actual
> user may say that how it come without typing it ?.....
>
> Anyway thanks for your suggestion, if BMC is not giving the solution,
> i am going to take your solution.
>
> On Aug 31, 8:04 pm, Rick Cook <remedyr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > For now, I would recommend putting a Filter in place that will detect a
single space and replace it with some default text.  That will buy you some
time.

> > Rick

acted as you described.  If you just put a space in a diary field and save
it, the entire contents of the diary field are cleared out.  I'm thinking
you might want to call BMC and report it.