From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of strauss
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2011 11:10 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: ARS 7.6.04 Form Overlays - nextId increments

Agreed.  The concept I keep questioning is which objects actually get changed
during an upgrade?  The base form, obviously, but is the overlay changed as
well?  My form overlays appear to retain the version information from their
creation - in my case 7.00.00 - but they also appear to have been modified
during the upgrade to 7.6.04.  When I compare the CTM:People__o overlay created
by BPCU on the reference server (where it has not been upgraded to 7.6.04) to
the same overlay on the upgraded staging server, they are both still
BMCVer=7.00.00, but the one on the upgraded staging server has over a dozen
more new fields that were added in 7.6.04 (like Vendor Assignee Groups
(60900)), plus my four custom fields.  I guess the overlay will always reflect
the version number from its original creation, but it is supposed to pick up
everything on the upgraded base form while retaining your customizations.  In
this case, it also dropped at least one field from 7.00.00 - Locale (160) -
from both the base form and the overlay, when upgraded to 7.6.04.

I think I got confused about how this was _supposed_ to work since I had 6 new
Audit forms created by the 7.6.04 upgrade that were created as version 7.6.04,
but overlaid with 7.5.00 overlays (which I have since deleted).  That had to be
an error.

I guess we'll have to see what really happens to overlay/overlaid object pairs
when 7.6.04.001 is applied.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/