One of the things we did to minimize the sheer load on FTS during an
initial search was to customize the search "on open" from an incident. SO
when users click "Search Knowledge", we limited the default search to just
look at Knowledge articles. By default, ALL sources are checked such as
Incidents/Changes/Problems/Tasks/etc...
This increased time and load on the FTS.

--
*Tauf Chowdhury

*