Doug - Thank you!  This looks exactly like the issue and should give me
the answer.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Mueller, Doug
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 1:24 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Attachments Vanishing

**

Christine,

I saw this note and remember seeing a discussion about a similar topic.
So, I took a look and found that

there was a bug recorded with a similar feel against version 7.6.  I
have included the notes below because

it has some interesting information about the working of the system that
you may be able to use to check

on statuses of fields and if they are set a certain way, why the
escalation is deleting them, and then the

focus could be on how they got that way.

YES, I KNOW the details are about Incident and not Change, but maybe
there is a similar set of logic for
Change that is having the same problem????

Or, the issue could still have been in 7.6.04 (the report does say 7.6
and above) and this provides a way to fix it

(if you find the fixes are already in place, that means the specific
issue noted here was already fixed in your

version so something else is going on).

But, if you do find that the status is wrong - I suspect it is - so that
the escalation is deleting it, it gives you

something to look for in the log of the creation of the work log entry
to watch that status and see what is

being set and why it may be changed to a wrong value or maybe set to
delete and then NOT being updated

to be a real record to save.

These are not definitive fixes, just some information you can use for
debugging in your situation.  You can

always contact the support team and indicate you have issue that match
or are similar to these and supply

bug numbers as noted below to help speed the process  and get specific
details about possible fixes.

I hope this at least gives you some hints for your investigation:

This unexpected behavior is known Defect ID SW00356633.

In Incident Management 7.6 and above, the Filter "HPD:WLG:SetStatus_500"
is working as designed. Due to this Filter, when the HPD:WorkLog is
created before the Incident, it will be created with the Status of
"Delete". Therefore, if the parent Incident is not created, then the
child Incident Work Info record can be deleted later on via Escalation
"SYS:CLN:TA@00:05-StartCleanUp".

The problem is that Filter
"HPD:INC:SaveWorkInfo_501_CreateWorkInfo_PWLG`!" does NOT push a record
to SYS:Application Status Enabler form. This means that Filter
"INT:FNDHPD:ASE:EnableHPDWorkLog_760_PWLG" cannot change the HPD:WorkLog
Status from "Delete" to "Enable" when the Incident is saved.

Here is the workaround that needs to be implemented:

==========
Add a Push Field action in filter
HPD:INC:SaveWorkInfo_501_CreateWorkInfo_PWLG`!
NOTE: This will be the 2nd action on the If Action tab.

Form Name: SYS:Application Status Enabler
Qualification: $Incident Number$ = 'Request ID01'
If No Requests Match: Create a New Request
If Any Requests Match: Take No Action

Mapping:
Request ID01 = $Incident Number$
HPD:WorkLog = "Yes"
==========

OR, as I was getting ready to send, I found this issue as well that is
reported to occur in 7.6.04 sp2

SW00427289

Login as Problem User and search for an existing Problem Investigation
record
Add a work Log entry without attachment and save the PBI
Open the Work log and add an attachment and save the work log
Save the PBI
Open the Work log where you have added the attachment

Now, internally, the team could reproduce this only on Problem but
customer reported an issue

on Change as well.

Fix had to do with changing the run if qualifier on some active links.

Finally, one additional item was a report about an issue unique to IE9
for some reason.  Not sure what the

topic was (very limited data) but the customer reported all OK if they
used IE8 but failed if IE9.  This makes

no sense to me, but as it was reported, I thought I would include it if
IE9 is in your mix.  Surprisingly, that

may be significant when you talk with support.

I hope these provide some hints that help,

Doug Mueller