This is AWESOME!!!!

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jason Miller
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2013 10:27 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Attachments Vanishing

** According to docs.bmc.com it is new in 7.6.04.

https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/public/ars7604/New+parameter+to+save+m
ultiple+backup+log+files

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM, Grooms, Frederick W
<frederick.w.gro...@xo.com> wrote:

7.6.04 doesn't list the Max-Log-History configuration item    All it
Lists is: Max-Log-File-Size
   "If the maximum size is reached, the logging cycle restarts at the
beginning of the file, overwriting existing information. "

If 9:38 was the bottom of the file you may want to search inside it for
"END OF LOG" to see where the real end of the logging is.

It is easy enough to create a cron (or task scheduler) process to copy
the file(s) at a specific interval for archival purposes to a different
location on the hard drive.
I have a process that does this every 10 minutes and then zips them up
so I can go back a complete day in logs  (Part of the copy appends the
hour and minute to the log file name)

Fred