I’m stealing the Jello and modifying the fine art!

“Problem is - you are in a fine art gallery and it will be a net negative.”

Problem is - you are in a modern art gallery, no one interprets it the same and
it will be a net negative.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jason Miller
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 10:29 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: how fast could that be?

**
I love the Jello analogy.  I am totally stealing that one.

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 7:04 AM, John Sundberg
<john.sundb...@kineticdata.com<mailto:john.sundb...@kineticdata.com>> wrote:
**
I think if you are a smart person … you could write workflow within the first
week (even day).

However, I don’t think you should write workflow in the first week.

I would assume you are not a “from scratch” system … but walking into a “real
system”.

If that is the case — I think it would be 6+ months before you should be
touching the real system.

These large systems are like big bowls of Jello… you touch it here - and it
wiggles in 100 other places. (And - it is not easy to know where / what you are
affecting.)

(You have to be a significantly skilled person to understand what is changeable
and what is not, and what is the convention for changes, naming, etc…  — and
sadly - it is not until upgrade time that you find you have been tying a knot
that is one m****f*** to figure out)

So - yes - you can pick up the hammer and start swinging soon. Problem is - you
are in a fine art gallery and it will be a net negative.

-John

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 8:27 AM, Zee Remshab