"what was the voter turnout… Certainly a great deal higher than the
percentage that post to this board. A much more scientific study of
what the people of AP want. ...I have a different mind-set about
elections.  …I've never done in my life is claim that the result isn't
what the people wanted.  That seems un-American to me. I won't argue
your point about the voters in AP being duped…  I just note that it is
disrespectful to them. …I am simply opining about the consequences of
what you say, intended or not."

Poor Tommy reduced to splitting hairs.  Comes with the territory,
living in the freest land in the world, the most democratic of
democracies, that when the populace simply gives up and refuses to
play the shell game of American electoral process, the managers of
that system give up on fixing what's broken and compare its results to
some cockamamie poll on the internet; Karl Rove is proud of you.

Seems that in Tommy's world the wants of the people are divined
through a system of survival of the fittest, i.e. those that survive
the machinations of the spin doctors who somehow know what they in
fact want.

If this sounds a bit like "If you tell a lie big enough and keep
repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" you win the
prize; Tommy's still struggling with belief.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM