Obviously you missed the entire point.  The first year was a come
on.  The second year, no matter what company, was going to be higher.

As for the five year contract, once again, the "source" was wrong.
It is 4 years, 1 left on the prior year and 3 more.  And how would
have Russ gotten rid of a contract.  Maybe you could teach me how to
that. --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "apeaexec1" <apeaexec1@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "apeaexec1" <apeaexec1@>
wrote:

> Are you saying that the State Insurance isn't going and Corzine is
> lying? Insurance companyies don't give out 3 year plans anymore
nor
> should you get locked in for 3 years that's why you shop around
and
> get the best deal. It would have been a $600,000 saving after the
> commission. You have to have a broker. I know your new at this
game
> but check and double check what the Board says. You KNOW Lewis and
it
> seems like the Board falls in line to what he says. I'm sure Frank
D.
> can get 5 votes if he really wants to, do the math. By the way why
> didn't the UNION publicly blast the 5 years contract giving to
Lewis?
> [...]
> 12%
> > > the first year.  Not bad, and I would have definitely been in
> > > favor.  However, year 2, 3 and so on steadily would have gone
up
> > > drastically to the point that the savings were now a major
loss
> > > the BOE.  To try to get back to the SHBP and get rid of a
broker
> > was
> > > and still is impossible.  The state will not allow.  Once you
are
> > > out, you're out.  Then you are forced to use this broker at a
10%
> > > fee.  Yes, 10% to the broker, or at that time, roughly
$700,000.
> > > There is your 600K in savings minus 100K.
> > >
> > > Second, this issue is rising to the top once more.  I really
> don't
> > > need to go in to it again, but the fact remains that it is
> > history,
> > > only two years old, repeating itself again.  And I must also
> point
> > > out the fact that EK, the ex BA is under indictment in another
> > > school distrcit as we speak.  I wonder who was getting a
kickback
> > > with the 700K in commission?
> > >
> > > Now I don't know where you get your information, but I think
they
> > > left out some major details.  I would have no problem
switching
> > > insurance companies to get a better deal for the members if
the
> > > coverage was better.  However, at the cost to the taxpayer,
and a
> > > rising insurance cost higher than the SHBP, it would not only
> cost
> > > you, the taxpayer more than SHBP, but it would also make my
> > > negotiations harder.  This would be due to the fact that cost
of
> > > insurance under this so called "savings", would be impossible
> > > keep up with and the BOE would be forced to look again.
> > >
> > > Third and final point, Frank D. had nothing to do with the
> > insurance
> > > being stopped, nor did the Association.  It was economically
the
> > > correct thing to do.  Frank D., as you know, is only one vote
and
> > > really don't think he has that kind of power.  However, I
think
> he
> > > should be flattered by the fact that so many people think he
> > does.
> > >
> > > I hope this answers your questions.  I think the "source"
should
> > > give you a bit more detailed information.  And if you want,
you
> > can
> > > reach out to me any time and we can discuss it in person.  I
am
> > > easily accessible, as you know who I am.

20-
> > 30-
> > > Teachers
> > the