--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "noblarneyzone" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi Dan:
>
> Hope all is well with you.
>
> I am a little confused by the email you received in regard to
> attributing to any group of people the highest instigator of HIV.
>
> It's has been some time, admittedly, since I had looked at the
> reports that were generated by State & Federal Government.
>
> In 2004 I read a fairly interesting private study that indicated
in
> the coastal monmouth area the major concern for the spred of HIV
was
> among intravienious drug users.
>
> Again this is 2 years ago.  I have been working among the homeless
> population of Monmouth county since 1990.  On a daily basis - more
> heavily prior to the land use issue I am in with the Long Branch
> administration.  However, I respond to approximately 40 calls per
day
> in all varied need areas.
>
> I would have to continue to believe that the same populus group is
> the highest risk category and not the gay community.
>
> This is just my observations.
>
> I may add from what I can see, the "new case" levels of HIV have
> dropped dramatically and that current cases on the books are more
> folks who are struggling with this desease greater than 5 years.
>
> These are not official figures just my observations.
>
> KEVIN BROWN
> Lighthouse, Long Branch

Thanks Rev. Kev.,

I find it irresponsible and reprehensible, when lies are spread and
cause panic amongst individuals who don't check their facts first,
before they speak, then rather than say, I was mis-informed, give
you ten other reasons, why they think they are STILL right!  I posed
the question about where the 7 other shelters in Asbury Park ARE,
because I KNEW they didn't exist!  A soup kitchen does not make a
shelter.  I have a friend who serves the homeless at her church on
the West-Side, ONCE a month and that's ALL they do.  For the 29
other days or 30, with months having 31 days, the homeless, have to
flop, elsewhere!  The Mission will be on a MAIN thoroughfare, just
as the Salvation Army, Sisters of Mercy and the Center, ARE!  The
Center was in Asbury Park, prior to 1996, for all you newbies, out
there and if it wasn't, it SHOULD have been!  All I can think of, is
Jesus, surrounded by sheep, as the Good Shepherd He, IS.  Someone is
making a "good buck", off spreading fear about this Mission.  I hope
this group is charged with fraud, as they should be! They're like
shouting "FIRE" in a crowded theatre.  A real bunch of bigots!  You
want Utopia?  Go to Interlaken in Switzerland, because America
refuses to take care of its' own!