The problem is Jack if making that motion (that he knows can not be
passed) is somehow showing support for the West Side, isn't he
putting his fellow councilmembers, who have to do the responsible
thing and vote it down, in the postion of being mistaken for people
who have no commitment to the West Side?

That's why it's such a dirty trick.

I wish JK would address that issue on this board.