Mike, in your inital post while in one sentence you make the point
that the local AP gov't doesn't have the juice, in the very next one
you allude to "someone" working through people they know in federal
gov't.  Accusing the AP Council may not have been what you meant but
understand that many different people from very different
perspectives who usually agree on almost nothing read this exactly
the same way.

The post that got this all going was:

"In my opinion, the FCC was motivated to remove  the station from the
air for political reasons exclusively. The local AP government
doesn't have that kind of juice but I am sure someone knows someone
who knows a US Senator or Congressman.

The fines you see are old fines that were resolved many years ago.
The station has to file for a variance in order to get it's antenna
at a certain height in order to serve the community.

Keep in mind that this station serves the Haitian and Spanish
speaking community. In an emergency it is the only means to reach
these people. If it is gone and their is an emergency, and as a
result  people are injured of even die, then the local AP government
will be responsible.

I would like to see exactly what ordinance they say they are
violating? This is a matter of politics plain and simple."

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Mike Hemeon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> There was no insinuation, there were however responses that jumped
to their defense.

> 2fine4u <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:          I don't see where anyone
has said it was the Council! You're