--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Allan Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

The City didn't chase anyone. The bike ordinance has been in effect
for at least 40years. It hasn't really been enforced for about 10
years. The Bike shop opened knowing bike weren't allowed on the BW.
He could have openned the store there, nobody said no to that. In
2005 JW demanded that the ordinance be enfored. I know people who got
a $70 summonIn 2006 the Council looked into bike lanes they decided
it was too dangerous to allow bikes. They did extend the hours. You
can now ridse on the BW until noon it was 9am. I think it's more of a
Tenant/Landlaw disagreement and poor planning by the bike guy. I
don't think it's the Partners or the Citys fault, for this guy to
expect the City to change the bike ordinance just because he opened a
business was a gamble that he last.

 I wonder who made the demand.  I think the city holds more
responsibility in this.  Partners brought a business to the
boardwalk.  If the city demamded him to close that is not the
responsibility of partners.  The counsilman should not be annoyed
that there is a bike shop on the boradwalk but the real question is
why is there so little pollice / security on the boardwalk.  I do not
know what partners has to provide but the city should have police in
addition.    I see it as the city driving away a business.

<nnjallans1@ ...>

> Any questions? Get answers on any topic at www.Answers.yahoo.com.
Try it now.