--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "dfsavgny" <dfsavgny@> wrote:
>

> The "do the jobs that no one else will" is a myth that for some
> reason is easily accepted. It shouldn't be. There is no job in
> America where the workforce is more than 27% illegals (most are much
> less than that). So in all jobs, Americans and legal aliens are
> doing the work at 3x the rate as illegals are, and in most cases by
> a far greater percentage.

You must cut your own lawn.

> There is no job in America that Americans won't do.  The problem
> Americans are having is that they have to compete for wages against
> illegals who are not trying to assimilate, rather make money to send
> back home and return thereafter.

You need to get out of the suburbs Tom. It is you who have not
assimilated to the modern, global world.

> No, I want fair competition.  How can an American Black laborer
> demand a wage that allows him to buy a home, get his kids an ipod
> and a bike, send his kids to college and have a nest egg for
> retirement when an illegal will work for cheap because he is living
> 30 in a house and sending every penny back to Mexico so his familiy
> can live well there and he can go back in 10 years and retire? He
> can't.  It's unfair competition.

And I want to be 6 feet tall and have a full head of hair. Education.
You don't want the low paying jobs. Don't white collar workers bid
against each other? I have no union guaranteeing me a fair wage or a
pension. You want tariffs?

> Let Americans compete against those that wish to stay here.

Is there a great outflow of Mexicans from the US? I don't think so.

> > I had a mexican doing work for me and now he owns his own company.
> Was he legal or illegal?

I am not with Homeland Insecurity. He cut my grass.

> Interesting info, but useless to the current situation.  Nothing
> like we are experiencing right now has ever happened in history, so
> history is no guide here.
>
> First of all, the extensive welfare state is much younger than 150
> years.

> Consider some numbers.  After America was formed, the two largest
> groups of immigrants from Europe are Germans, followed by Italians.
> There are more illegals STANDING IN AMERICA RIGHT NOW  than all the
> Germans and Italians that came here combined over the past 225
> years.

??? Is Jerry Falwell supplying those statistics?

> We have more foriegn born people STANDING IN AMERICA RIGHT NOW than
> all the immigrants who came here combined in the 350 years from 1607
> to 1965.

Well, I bet there was a higher percentage of foreign born in 1607
(100%). Xenophobia?

> No one knows if American can bear this weight.

Legalize them. There will be more tax revenue.

> President Bush's failure to secure our borders in a time of war is a
> gross dereliction of his Constitution duties (not to mention a
> failure to ensure domestic tranquilty, as I would expect poor Blacks
> in partuclar to rise up against this economic war being waged upon
> them).

Time of War? Oh, you mean on the middle class. Yes, at least that war
is going well.

> The answer was assimilation.  I don't recall them demanding any
> street signs, applicaitions or 411 calls in yiddish.

No. But the eldest American born children of those immigrants went to
school not being able to speak English. Many of them were
discriminated against because they were different. Perhaps you want to