--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Gary Wien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have nothing against that (and personally
> love Spanish food); however, I do think America would be better off
> having an official language as I do see many problems for the country
> in the next 5-10 years and I don't see the assimilation or desire to
> be part of the "melting pot" that previous immigration waves showed.
> This immigration wave is very different.  If you don't believe that,
> please show me a part of America where my German ancestors still
> speak solely German.  I doubt there is such a place.

Learn now, "minorities" are the new majority. Just like the Anglos,
didn't like the German influx, and together they hated the Irish, then
all three started to hate Jews, Italians and other darker Europeans,
us "Americans" are adopting the same attitude to the Latinos. I saw
the movie Bobby the other night. A Mexican hotel worker replies to an
Anglo who accuses him of crossing the border illegally, that Mexicans
didn't cross the border, but the border crossed them. Seems to me that
the Southwest was theirs first.

America belongs to the world. It has from the beginning and always
will (should).

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"