Now you're tenuous.

It's been pretty longstanding in America that the President didn't
appoint someone to the bench based upon ideology.  The record of the
Supreme Court is littered with Justices who ended up philosophically
opposed to the Presdent who appointed that person.

The most famous of course, is Harry Blackmun, who wrote the decision
that is responsible for the deaths of more than 40 million little
babies since 1972.

Blackmun was appointed to the federal bench by Ike and the Supreme
Court by Nixon - two rather conservative guys. I don't think either
of them appointed Blackmun for baby killing rights.

The judiciary had always been seen as a place that shouldn't be
politicized.  In New Jersey, its constitutional.  There are Democrat
seats and Republican seats that have to be filled.

The politicizing of Supreme Court Justices by ideology is of recent
vintage.  It started with the Democrats killing the nomination of
Judge Bork on ideology.

Clinton was the first to try to stack the Court by ideology.

Well, you reap what you sow.  Thanks to the new way, Bush pushed
through Roberts and Alito.