I think so-called Smooth Jazz, ISN'T!  Being from New Orleans, I'm
partial to Fushion, part Funk and part Beat!  Funky-Beat, get it?
Dixieland is way too slow for me, except when played in a funeral
dirge, which the musicians do, there!  I love Quincy Jones, George
Duke and Bob James; like that!  That crap that they played on CD
101.9, now off the air, put me to sleep!  Play anything and call it
Jazz, was the message to me!  Come out today and see Tom Browne or Roy
Ayers.  They do NOT play Smooth Jazz, but can bring their funky beat,
down, when needed!  I miss the old 92-KTU, Club Music, that vibrated
from my house!  Nicole is from Neptune City!  Like Bruce, it sounds
better to say Asbury Park or Freehold!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Pitzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Asbury Park doesn't want it's musical heritage to continue beyond
Bruce Springsteen.
> We're headed toward "smooth" everything when it comes to music.
> This is despite the fact that The Saint, Asbury Lanes and The Stone
Pony continue to
> provide a link to new, original and exciting music, but the city
itself does little to tout that.
> We have an artist living right here in AP who's making waves all
over the world, Nicole
> Atkins. You've heard her music in commercials, she's been on
Letterman and Conan. She's
> right in the same genre as people like Amy Winehouse and other
artists who fuse a
> retro/cinematic sound, yet she plays at the Stone Pony and only 40
people show up. To
> me, she should be an inspiration as to what one accomplishes if you
dedicate yourself to
> it, which is exactly what she has done. She comes from Neptune, but
her performance
> roots are right here in AP.

You have every right to be into what you're into, whether it be Rock,
Har Rock, Acid Rock or Indie!  My taste migrate to Popular, Jazz and
Classical!  So much for my dull picks, huh?