--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Pitzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The one thing that worries me though is that MM and the city in
general seem to be
> steering any kind of music scene that we have away from
mainstream/rock ect and more
> toward safer things like cover bands, smooth jazz and lounge stuff.

So let them steer. As MM never fails to point out, they're only in
charge of the boardwalk. Cookman, Main and Springwood are all fair
game. Like I said, the musicians and willing merchants will nurture
their own scene.

I just remembered the other thing AP doesn't have anymore. FM 106.3.
True, they were technically based in Eatontown. But that station was
practically the Fastlane's unofficial PR agent for at least ten years.
I actually heard Matt Pinfield on WRXP in New York the other day -
flashback to 1991!