Another thing that was great about WHTG were the interviews that they did with
all the
great alternative stars of the day. You'd hear interviews with Smashing
Pumpkins, Faith No
More, Living Color, Bob Mould...it was like a who's who of who was big at the
time. And
those bands were playing at The Fast Lane, Green Parrot and The Stone Pony all
the time.
It would be common to have headliners at all 3 clubs on the same night, and us
local
bands had the opportunity to open for them.
Those were good times.