--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, charlie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Colors have nothing to do with quality!

I'd have to respectfully disagree, and you seem to acknowledge the
importance of color yourself when you write:

--------

>Not sure why you're bringing that up into the case you're trying to
make!  :-)

This was the first impression of a newcomer, and since the town is
trying rightfully to attract newcomers with a will to invest,
it's a valid impression to share.

You make some good points about the 5th AVE pavilion and it probably
did seem a little crazy in 1961 (although the Rufus Nims roof design
and orange and white color scheme had become ubiquitous across
America by then), but it managed to grow on visitors and become an
indelible part of the boardwalk experience. This probably says more
about the vision of John Fridy than anything else.