"

The Empress remodeling was started before the redevelopment deal. The

stucco on the West side came first. Then the redevelopment plan

required approvals for the East side. The TRC and Planning board

wanted it restored to a look more in keeping with its original design.

Those terms were not complied with.

Now the building is another classic 60s icon badly remodeled with a

stucco overcoat."

     I agree with that 100 percent Werner.  The building looks badly remodeled,
and lost the neat design it once had.  Now that it's been a few years since
Paradise and the Empress have been open.... I hope they racked in enough money
to maybe start having thoughts about doing a real remodel....  Get rid of the
stucco railings on the west side.  I know it's not original, but maybe some
modern glass railings would be cool.  I wouldn't want to restore what was their
previously, for it were old fashioned metal railings that did nothing for the
building.  Not sure if they were original either.