"
I never implied that the pavilion and the center were matched or

should be matched. But your question is 'how did it fit before it

was remodeled'. Well its unique to Asbury. Architecture goes through

phases and certain buildings from the 50s/60s are recognized as

worth saving. Its a record of the life of the town and in a larger

picture a record of civilization."

    I agree with that.  Nothing is the same, and if it was, it would appear
fake.

"You think everything should be plowed down or remodeled just because

it can be ?"

     No, not at all.  I liked a lot of the old pavilions before they were
worked on.  However, parts of their design I didn't like.  Some of them could
have been edited to "open" them up more while keeping their already existing
design.
     Making the pavilions more open to ocean ave was a good idea in my
opinion.  Before, all the pavilions had "back" doors facing ocean ave.  Picture
driving behind a strip mall, seeing all the back singel doors to each
business.  That is what ocean ave was like before.  It's nice the way it is
now.  I just want to see some good stuff come into them!!