--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "sharon_b283" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> You wouldn't have written this, if you had visited New Orleans.  There
> IS no parallel to the tragedy there and the situation here!  NONE at
> all!  After almost 3 years, they are still finding bodies, people are
> still displaced.  Like slavery, the residents were given ONE-way
> tickets out and are unable to return on their own.  Would you, with
> the toxic, poisonous trailers, they were issued?  No, you have no
idea!

My intention was not to compare the situations within the cities'
themselves. I apologize if it seemed that way. I was only illustrating
that among those who may not live in either city, many still feel a
connection to, and concern about, what's happening there because of the
cultural impact both cities have had outside their borders. Of course
there is absolutely no comparison to what happened in New Orleans with
any other city and I would never suggest there is. You and I are
definitely on the same page regarding that, but I'm sorry if my words
indicated otherwise.